We have a variety of topics available for you to help out with:
- Supply chain: current product is manufactured by a partner in India. The focus is on the utilisation of more local materials (available in East Africa) to a.o. reduce transportation costs and keep more money in local economy.
- Electrical engineering: optimization of charging of battery inside lamp, reduce heat production, and design of (modular) solar hubs.
- Product design: enhance the product's waterproofing, reduce the chance of damage during transport, investigate options to reduce costs and alternately look for low-cost yet durable material for the product casing
- Environmental & economic impacts: investigate the impact of the product on fish catch, and disposable income of fishermen, fishing camp owners and local economy. Additionally, undertake benchmarking exercise for camps/regions of interest on the lake.
- Marketing/Branding: Build marketing strategy for the online and off-line presence of our social enterprise. Significant innovation is required in the off-line strategy to make it cost-effective in Tanzania/Kenya.
In case you are interested, send an email to email@example.com to get into contact with Sagar and acquire more information. Depending on the topic work can be partly performed in The Netherlands as well, before or after the stay in Tanzania.